Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Stoniness Of Their Hearts

Shalom!

The Brit Hadashah Book of Mark records in Mark 3:5:
'Then looking them over and feeling both anger with them and sympathy for them at the stoniness of their hearts...'I read that passage yesterday in my daily devotional time, and immediately thought of several who fit that description in my walk and journey - particularly in recent weeks as a major change has been made in my life...


Stoniness of heart...a sad description of the state of the hearts of those who refuse to do what
G-d's Word Commands...who foster 'program's and 'new directions' rather than actually bowing before The God of Avraham and His Commands about The Eternal Covenant He has with Israel and Her Children...Stoniness of heart...

I was comforted when I read that Yeshua felt the exact same way I have and do about people like this...for if HE became 'angry and yet had sympathy' for such people, why would it be any different for me to react as He did when I experience 'stoniness of heart' in those I would not expect it of...

What is really sad is not just that they have 'stoniness of heart' - but that they don't even realize or maybe even care that this description applies to them...'Programs' and 'New Directions' fill their minds - maybe blinding them to the true 'stoniness of heart' that is so evident to those around them...

When I was in school - years ago since I am now an 'older woman' - we read the story of an Emperor who had no clothes on - but his Subjects were too scared to tell him that he was riding around 'unclothed' --- I fear this is what happens today when people get too caught up in the 'Leader' while refusing to acknowledge that he really has no clothes on...

Yeshua's Word records that Rav Sha'ul told his young Talmid Timothy to 'preach the Word; be INSTANT in Season and Out; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering' - the Pulpits of the many Churches today would be wise to heed those words...or their congregatations will continue to sit, afraid to tell the 'Emperor' that he has no clothes on...

Y'hoshua Ben Nun, the wonderful Old Testament Warrior Joshua, wrote as he concluded the Book of the Torah that bears his name, 'but as for me and my house, we will follow the Lord!'  That 'Emperor' HAD clothes on!

When it comes to Israel and the Commands FOR and ABOUT HER, and HER ETERNAL COVENANT CHILDREN, there are NO excuses, NO programs, NO 'New Directions' and CERTAINLY NO 'New Visions' about what His Word states!

Better wake up, friends! The Sheep and Goats Judgment is for The Church! I don't want to be found with 'stoniness of heart' when it comes to Israel!

Shalom!