Wednesday, June 30, 2010

How Can This Be?

Shalom!

I just posted a YouTube clip to our Facebook page...I wasn't sure if I should post it or not...it is certainly nothing civilized human beings would ever want to see or know about...I typed WARNING: BRUTAL AND GRAPHIC in the comment box so that anyone who thought about watching this YouTube clip would think TWICE before doing so...and yes, I paused before I hit the "Share" button...but this story has to be shared...

I received the link to this YouTube clip late last night...I knew when I saw the heading of the clip and the blurry image with it that it was going to be difficult to watch...my DNA cringes and recoils over any violence...but last night I forced myself to face reality and clicked the "Play" button for this YouTube clip...I wish I had not as it has left me physically sick for nearly 24 hours now...

The YouTube clip is entitled: "Muslim Girl Being Kicked and Stoned to Death"...a young girl, probably about 12-13 years old is lying on the ground...dressed in black pants and a warm up jacket...she is trying to cover her face with her arm and she lays on her side...surrounding her are "men" who, as the clip starts to play, are shown kicking her repeatedly...over and over...then they begin to both kick her and throw stones on her...she continually tries to shield her face from their assault...the violence quickly escalates and the footage becomes a blur of only legs kicking and kicking and kicking this little girl...with large stones being thrown...hurled on her at the same time...the clip is only 1 minute 25 seconds long...that is all it takes for her to be murdered...as the seconds wind down, you see her barely moving now...and then a "man" takes a huge piece of concrete...like a huge 2 foot concrete brick...and slams it onto her head...and blood explodes out of her now lifeless skull...and the clip ends...

I will never forget that I saw this...this little girl had a name...had a mother and father...possibly siblings...probably extended family...perhaps some of those shown kicking and stoning her to death were relatives...this is often how it is handled...it is called an "honor killing"...the girl/woman is alleged to have brought "shame" on the family...in this part of the world, this kind of thing is allowed...many times even encouraged so as to "keep people in line"...

There is a young woman, nearly 18 years old now, who lives in my city...she ran away from her family years ago because she couldn't bear the life she was born into...the "government" forced her to return here...her parents and family live here...she testified that she didn't want to live with her family ever again as she knew she would be killed in an "honor killing" much like the YouTube clip I watched last night...until she is legally 18 years of age, the "government" can, any time it wishes, force her to return to her family where she will certainly be murdered because this case has brought so much public attention and outcry...she desperately needs our prayers for Divine Protection...and she needs the Grace of G-d to carry her far away from these individuals who are her physical family before they do to her what was done to the little girl in the YouTube clip...

Today, I had my little niece...nearly the same age as this little muslim girl, with me at a swimming pool...the only care she had in the world was what time was the adult swim break because she had to get out of the pool...that is because we live in a world that values LIFE...there can be no peace...no relationship...no anything with "people" who would kick and stone a little girl to death...

Tonight, when you say good-night to your children or grandchildren, think of that little girl in the YouTube clip...and vow that you will do everything in your power to protect and defend the Spark of Freedom that G-d birthed in you...she never had that chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment