Monday, May 31, 2010

Terror at Sea

Shalom!

The day began pleasantly...it was Memorial Day and we were having a Family Cookout...I was working away in the Kitchen when the news started filtering in...I had an inkling something was going on in Gaza...I get a lot of mail and information because of the work we are engaged in...and I have been following the Naval Blockade as our Leadership Institute is located in Sderot....just a few miles from the Mediterranean...standing on the hill outside Sderot, I can look across a field and see Gaza...and beyond it, the Sea...

Some of the pictures that were filtering through my Fox News page were sights I had seen this Succoth...Truck Caravans from Israel with SUPPLIES for the residents of Gaza...going through a series of checkpoints in the desert region between Sderot and Gaza itself..less than 1/2 mile in width...it was eerie to see this live footage today of what we had seen in person...my first thoughts were of my friends and loved ones in The Land...I knew that they would be monitoring this closely...Israel is such a small land mass as She is currently configured...we drove from the "top" to the "bottom" several times on our last trip there....it takes less than 3 hours...hard to fathom that this tiny Land...so beloved by the G-d of Creation...is so hated by the world...

I have seen the Desert Bloom...I have stood on the Soil that the Words of the Bible were written about...I have walked the Tunnels under the Temple Mount and stood just feet from where the Holy of Holies was...how could it be that on this sunny May day in Worthington my friends and loved ones there were once again under "CODE RED" due to terrorists attempting to bring evil on Her once again?

As the stories continued to flood in, the picture became clear...Israel once again had defended Herself against "all enemies foreign and domestic"...and Her bravest young men had been ambushed by duplicitous individuals who desire Her demise. My Co-founding partner sent me a YouTube almost immediately...they had photographed the Flotilla attack and the first footage was quickly made available...you can clearly see the "friendly tourists" on this "friendly ship" beating the Israel Navy Troops with pipes, ball bats, chairs, whatever they could get their hands on...I even watched in horror as I could see these "friendly tourists" pick up and throw one of the Israeli Naval troops off the ship...I immediately thought of Gilad Shalit and wondered if this young man would be captured and tortured as Gilad has and is...we have since learned that he fell 30 feet as a result of this and is in grave condition...but, PRAISE G-D, he was not captured!

There are many FACTUAL stories out now about this; it is clear that Israel did everything She could to TRY to mitigate ANY such violence that erupted due to the ambush of Her troops...I have posted several REALLY GOOD articles including FIRST HAND REPORTS from those on the scene...go to the AFFI FACEBOOK page and read the articles for yourself....watch the YouTube footage for yourself...SEE and READ the TRUTH of what happened today! (The AFFI Website is: www.affi.org.il - once there you can click onto our FACEBOOK page and read these Factual Posts and see the YouTube footage.)

Then turn your mind to this fact: after 6 decades of strong support for Israel, the Obama administration has just hours ago betrayed this Apple of G-d's Eye by violating decades old confidences that Her Nuclear Deterrent Program was "off limits" to the UN...and instead voted AGAINST Her right to this self defensive mechanism, setting up another "in your face, gottcha" moment. All this just DAYS after Rahm Emanuel was allowed to have his son's Bar Mitzvah (I wonder if he knows what that really means?) in Israel...and then, with his Secret Service entourage, go TO the Western Wall and TOUCH IT...if I were him, I would have been concerned that his hand would shrivel up as several of his Ancestors did when they disobeyed the G-d of Israel!

Is there no shame today? Does anyone CARE that G-D is mocked? Does anyone care that His Land and His Eternal Covenant Children are attacked CONSTANTLY, DAY IN and DAY OUT? Does anyone CARE that the LION OF JUDAH IS ABOUT TO ROAR OUT OF ZION? I do! Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment